Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Tubeless at last!

Since the last post I've had all drain tubes removed including the vacuum. I still need to repack the left side wound two times a day but that seemes to go real well. The doctor says I can do pretty much whatever I want to do but should not overdo anything. I find that sitting for extended periods gets pretty uncomfortable but other than that I feel great. With all the time I have had to think, I have decided that the melanoma on both occasions was brought on by the use of Lamisil. Twenty five years ago when the three freckles grew into the first melanoma I was taking lamisil. Twelve to 18 months ago I took Lamisil. I believe that for me, lamisil equals melanoma. I don't know how it does it but I am pretty sure that it does! Now, how scientific is that conclusion? I actually filled out an online report to the FDA letting them know of my discovery.

I've begun the preliminary work on building a double bass. Because the wood costs so much I'm going to practice on some 2x lumber before I make the commitment. I could buy a nice laminated bass for less than the parts for a carved bass will cost. I have begun making templates and will soon begin construction of the "inner form" which is needed to construct the bass.

Rose, Don, Lenord, Susan and I made a trip over to Graves Mountain Sunday and picked up some peach wine from Rose River Winery (a very small operation).

I also signed myself and Rose up for a 7 day bluegrass cruse (with Cherryholmes). It departs Flordia in the middle of February.

Looking forward to Jenny coming down for a visit this week. It will be the first time that she has visited the farm as Mrs. Ruberto.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Roger,

Thanks for the update.. Sully

Anonymous said...

Roger,

Thanks for the update. As you can tell, I am having trouble with placing a comment but I think I have it figured out!

Anyway, I can see that you will be busy this weekend so I will visit some other time.

Sully

Anonymous said...

Lamisil? Hmm.. what else solves the problem it does? Perhaps due to genectics I should avoid it...