Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas and Anniversary

After five days in the hospital I came home just in time for our 40Th anniversary on Saturday. We had a quiet day with my brother and his wife. Christmas came this morning and everyone did well. Santa is a good guy!

I go back for the second round of IL-2 on January 3.

The first round: I only could tolerate 4 doses because of my blood pressure dropping so low. I did not really have many of the dreaded side effects but did gain 30 pounds of fluid and have a rash on my head and face. The shivers started exactly two hours after the dose was administered but the nurses were quick with the Demerol which stopped that problem quickly. The biggest problem was sleeping on my back so the blood pressure cuff would work.

The doc plans on a little different protocol on Jan 3 that may allow more doses.

4 comments:

E. M. Atwater said...

Our paryers are with you, my friend...

Eben

E. M. Atwater said...

Whoops!

prayers, that is!

;-)

Anonymous said...

Roger
Thanks for writing and sharing this time, these events in your life-you are loved. We are glad that you are on the farm.
Beth and Mike

Anonymous said...

Roger,
I just have to tell you that Gramps/JD would be so very, very proud of you in so many ways and I know he is telling you to hang in there and get well. You have encompassed his love for that piece of earth. Your being on the Farm was meant to be. Love Beth