Friday, January 19, 2007

Home again

I've been home for a little over a week after 7 days of IL-2 treatment. I had a little more trouble shaking off this round (six doses vs four the first time). I've gotten rid of a lot of fluid and am beginning to feel better. I go back later this month for some scans to see if the IL-2 is working and if it is, will do two more rounds in about 3 months.

Jenny and Lou are visiting on their way back home from Disney World (honeymoon). Jazz, Jenny's faithful dog, stayed with us while they were in Florida. She did really well. The AmeriGas guys are coming out today to install some gas logs so we have lots of activity right now.

I think it's time for some pictures and some content other than cancer so I've decided to let the creative juices flow for the next post

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I"m glad that you are home and feeling up to blogging. From what I hear you are going to need those gas logs this weekend.
Love
Jane

Anonymous said...

Hi Roger,
We're glad to hear you had a nice visit with Jenny & Lou and are getting some rest -- except for that root canal!

What's the cruise countdown now?

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Hi Roger,
Home is always the better place to be and glad to see you're fighting thru this whole thing! I'm hoping and praying that it takes hold and gets you back on the mend. Folks at work ask about ya all the time.
cul,
Vic

Anonymous said...

let Vic know he gives everyone the incorrect address for this. With what he gave me, I went to some really weird places (and I'm sticking to that story)
Nice to hear from/about you. Take care.

brett

Anonymous said...

Hey Roger

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/mystery-illness-wipes-out-bee-colonies/20070212112109990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

It looks like the bee colony problem is getting more attention. I thought you said it was some sort of mites?

thinking about you

George R.

Anonymous said...

We need some new updates Dad!
What's going on at the Farm?

Love you!
Jenny

Anonymous said...

Roger:

Jane and I wanted to wish you a happy birthday and a large glass of Guinness on St' Patrick's Day or whenever you next get the opportunity. We think of you often and look forward to getting down to the Farm when you are able to sit around and chat over a Diet Dr. Pepper.

Love,
Jane and Mike