Friday, June 30, 2006

June 30 - activities

Well, we moved from Columbia MD to Stanardsville VA last August. There are still boxes that have not been unpacked. This morning, I decided to take my Dobro apart and (re) fix a crack in the top. I decided it would be a good idea to find my stash of Paul Beard "Special 29's" Phosphor Bronze Resonator Guitar Strings ... but alas where could they be? Must be in one of the boxes that have not been unpacked! Now most of the remaining boxes belong to my wife and are stored in the closet in the basement that we have decided will be her Nikken central sales facility. The boxes were not well organized when packed last summer because ... well, her friend Debbie and I packed up Rose's office and basically pushed stuff into boxes as fast as we could. So I pulled all of the boxes out of the closet and decided to unpack and put stuff together that kinda looked alike. The closet has sufficient storage space for lots of stuff ... It contains 3 file cabinets, a credenza, and a roll around cabinet with drawers. Three hours later and I still have not found the "Special 29's"! So I decide to look in the 5 drawer file cabinet that stores old family records (stuff that I'm too lazy to throw away) and guess what ... There they are. So now I'm so far along with the unpacking that I need to finish it ... the part I don't like is the trip to the dump with a truck full of empty boxes.

No comments: