Thursday, July 27, 2006

Drunkin Peaches & Bend Over


We had a neighbor pick up a bushel of peaches Tuesday. So we made some drunken peaches. Believe it or not there are one whole bushel in those four gallon jars. Pretty easy cut up the peaches, add a lot of sugar and then lots of rum. Then you let it sit in a cool dark place until Christmas. I experimented a little and added pineapple and cherries to one of the jars. Be aware! The only liquid in there is rum!!!!





I noticed last week that my left leg was swollen. So with the advice of Rose ringing in my ears I went to see the doctor on Monday. He immediately decided to eliminate the possibility of a blood clot so sent me across the street to have a sonogram. That proved to be ok, but it did show a slightly enlarged lymph node on my upper leg. I went back yesterday for more exams. He did some blood work and sent me across the street of chest x-ray (long story there). I expect that he will call today and tell me to go get a small needle biopsy done on the node. To the bend over part - as Arlo said in Alice's Restaurant - they didn't leave no part untouched!

No comments: