Saturday, July 22, 2006

RV & Bananna Peppers

Bill and Annie came back to the farm from their first RV trip. They actually purchased the RV on the way from here to Michigian. It's a "Bounder" a really big one. And I think it's about 9 years old with really low milage. My only comment is .... NICE!

Stopped by the garden and picked some green beans and corn and peppers and tomatos. The corn is a type of early yellow. The plants are pretty small as are the ears but the taste is just great. We tried a few and everyone approves. I picked some and froze them for later. Also froze some green peppers. I looked at the tomato pile and decided to check out the nearest cookbook and use the first tomato recipe that I found. Guspacho (sp) ... cold tomato soup. I actually needed to purchase a cucumber ... pretty poor planning by the gardner! Since Rose said she doesn't like cold soup I decided to add a little kick... there are lots of hot peppers in the garden just waiting for someone ... I thought that the bananna peppers were kinda mild .... WRONG! So after taking a bite I decided to seed the thing and ony use half of it. The really hot peppers I decided not to use. Rose took the bucket of green beans and cleaned them and has them cooking in the old southern style ... the longer they cook the better.

I think we are going to Harrisonberg Tuesday to pick up some peaches to make drunken peaches .... how many gallons will a bushel of peaches make?

No comments: