Monday, July 03, 2006

July 4 Holiday

Sulley and his wife Pat came down Sunday to do some work on his guitar build and get some R&R away from the big city life. I had the shop spruced up ... I actually opened the double garage door and used a leaf blower to do the clean-up. The window air conditioner that my neighbor gave me for the shop died during the last storm so I put in two 6000 btu window units that I had in storage. I tried one but it didn't hack yesterday's 95 degree temps. The two seem be be doing the job today. I think with AC in the shop I need to be real careful about opening the big garage door so the cold metal tools don't condense water and rust.

Since Sully and Pat are accomplished bluegrass performers and I decided it was time for a jam session we invited some new neighbors over for dinner and a jam. Dorothy plays and sings really well so we had a real good time.

Here are some pictures of Sully's progress:



Here are the sides waiting for the top and back.



This is the top with bracing in place waiting for final shaping and clean-up



And this is the back waiting for shaping and clean-up
Sully got a lot done this weekend.




















Sully shaping the braces.

No comments: